1/29/2011

My Idea for Valentines Day

Normally I think Valentines Day is a horrible embarrassing mess, designed by someone who hates people like me, but this year I'm almost looking forward to it. Why?
Call me old fashioned, but I love the idea of mixtapes. Their is something so sweet and romantic about the thought of picking out the perfect songs to express how you feel, songs you want to listen to with them, songs you really want them to know about. I think the idea that there will never be another CD with that track listing makes it extra special - you're the only person who will ever have that CD.
Cards and flowers ect. are nice, but there is no really personal connection between the giver and the receiver. So this Valentine's day, I'm going to burn a CD and give it to the guy I like.
Here's my track listing -
1) Toothpaste Kisses - The Maccabees
2) Something Stupid - Les Shellys
3) Ridin' In My Car - She & Him
4) If You Leave Me Now - Chicago
5) I Get A Kick Out Of You - Ella Fitzgerald (No other version. Shh. Don't even suggest it.)
6) In France They Kiss On Main Street - Joni Mitchell
7) These Words - Natasha Bedingfeild
8) He's Not A Boy - The Like
9) Fidelity - Regina Spektor
10) I Put A Spell On You - She & Him
11) The First Taste - Fiona Apple
12) Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
13) Save Me - Nicki Minaj (Fits because she's telling the guy she's a bitch but he can stop her being one.)
14) Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Mama Cass (Loved it since I was six)

No comments:

Post a Comment